WHEELS ON THE BUS
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
Round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
All through the town.
…the wipers on the bus to swish, swish, swish…
…the driver on the bus says, “Move on back”…
…the people on the bus go up and down…
…the horn on the bus goes, beep, beep, beep,
…the babies on the bus go “wah, wah, wah,”…
…the mommies on the bus go, “sh, sh, sh,”…
…the money on the bus goes klink, klink, klink…
I'M A LITTLE AIRPLANE
I’m a little airplane
(children raise arms at sides to shoulder height)
Now watch me fly!
(They spin one of their arms in front of them as if it were a propeller)
Here are my instruments
From down low to high.
(w/ their other arm, they reach from the ground to above their heads)
First I get revved up
(children make engine noises while still spinning their arms)
Then I can Fly.
(children raise arms to shoulder height)
Lifting off the runway
(lift arms higher)
Up to the sky!
(point arms up towards sky).
A POLICE OFFICER/FIREFIGHTER/DOCTOR
I’m a Police Officer, with my star.
I help people near and far.
If you have a problem, call on me.
And I will be there, one, two, three!
I’m a firefighter dressed in red.
With my fire hat on my head.
I can drive the fire truck, fight fires, too.
And help to make things safe for you!
I’m a helpful doctor, dressed white.
I help people feel better, day and night.
When you’re hurt or sick, come see me.
I’ll get you fixed up
Just as quick as can be.
TEACHERS SONG
(Tune: Mary had a little lamb)
Our teacher comes to school each day,
School each day, school each day.
Our teacher comes to school each day,
To help us learn and grow.
She smiles and helps us learn all day,
Learn all day, learn all day.
She smiles and helps us learn all day,
We’re glad we come to school!
JOHNNY WORKS WITH ONE HAMMER
Johnny works with one hammer, (pound motions)
One hammer, one hammer.
Johnny works with one hammer
Then he works with two.
Johnny works with two hammers, two hammers
Two hammers (pretend pound with both fists)
Then he works with three,
(use two fists and one foot with pounding motions)
Johnny works with three hammers,….
Johnny works with four hammers….
(use two fists and two feet, pounding actions)
Then he works no more.
PIECE OF TIN
I'm a little piece of tin
Nobody knows what shape I'm in
I’ve got four wheels and a running board
I’m not a Chevy or a Ford
(pull earlobe)
Honk, honk,
(shake head back & forth quickly)
rattle, rattle, rattle,
(hit chin w/ heal of hand)
crash,
(hit nose w/ your fingers)
beep, beep
Honk, honk,
rattle, rattle, rattle,
crash,
beep, beep
RED LIGHT
Red on top, green below
Red says stop, green says go
Yellow says wait even if you're late
MY BIKE
One wheel, two wheels on the ground
My feet make the peddles go round and round
Handle bars help me steer so straight
Down the side walk and out the gate
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Careers and Transportation Rhymes
Posted in |
9:01 PM | by Tristen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment